Skip to main content

Not my circus, not my monkeys, Not my...those, either.

Allow me to present to you, dear reader, an amazing coloring sheet courtesy of Bibliothèque municipale d’Angers. 

I came across the image while looking through Color Our Collections, a collection of art-as-coloring-sheets I found online. There are coloring sheets and coloring books to download from over 500 museums from around the world. 

While there are some very lovely coloring sheets I plan to print and color, I couldn't pass this one by without sharing it with the world.

Allow me to present our cast of characters:

First up we have what I assume is a monkey. The name "David" is between him and the man, and probably refers to the man, but I prefer to think of the monkey (?) as David. Possibly because he looks like that National Enquirer creation of a boy covered in hair. So, David the Monkey.


Next up is the angel with the sword. I don't know if she is supposed to be helpful in a "Mom" way, like "David the Monkey, you forgot your sword!" or if she is supposed to be some kind of avenging angel who will fuck.you.up. with her seraphic blade. The expression on her face and her authoritative finger pointing leads me to think David the Monkey is going to get grounded when he gets home.


And how about...this...uh...fox? Cat? Large weasel? Is it biting itself and pulling at skin, or is it eating grass? No matter what, it looks quite alarmed for a...whatever it is.


Now we come to Ol' Snouty Armadillo Dragon, last of its kind. I'm not upset about that as it is kind of disturbing.


 Up next we have The Dude. Remember, he COULD be the referenced David, but I kind of like to see him as "The Dude" from "The Big Lebowski." He saw all the fucked up animals around him and threw his hands up to signify "Not my circus, not my monkeys" See the spur on his foot? He's about to jab his Crazy-Eyed horse to GTFO of there faster than the speed of that cat/dog/fox/weasel thing.


Honestly, though, the spur isn't needed. Mr. Crazy-Eyes the Horse looks ready to make tracks, no pointy metal spur required. 


Please join me in printing this coloring page out and adding color to an already colorful collection of characters.  We're quarantined, what else do you have to do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New med, New New Med, Old New Med

Alternative title for this post: I might just be a lady with a lisp from now on. I've been lucky to see the the corona-break in a pretty positive light (aside from the light that illuminates how empty the bank account is without paychecks).  It has been a time of positive change for my depression and bipolar II symptoms. Right about when the coronavirus hit and "shelter in place" went into effect I started taking the medication Abilify (generic name: aripiprazole).  My doctor suggested it as a supplemental medication to take with my antidepressant to try to boost its effectiveness.  I've tried this type of thing with Welbutrin before, and it didn't do anything (not good, not bad, just no change at all), so I wasn't expecting much.  I've been dealing with severe depression for over 15 years, and you kind of lose hope when it comes to "let's see what happens!" Holy shit.  This medication has been GOLD for me. Within two days of startin

The Search For My Uncommon Last Name, part 2

In 2001 I signed up with Ancestry.com for the first time. I say "first time" because I have cancelled and rejoined countless times over the past 19 years as my budget allowed.  At that time, I still couldn't find a damn thing about my Dad's family beyond what I already knew. All Ancestry had at the time was the info I put into my tree myself. Since 2001, genealogy resources have grown in leaps and bounds. This is in part because more people are using sites like Ancestry.com. Other reasons, I'd say, are the digitalization and indexing of old records from around the world, as well as increased access via the internet to heritage groups and fellow researchers. Around 2013 I learned about setting up Google Alerts (you choose keyword(s) and Google emails you when it gets new hits on that) I had set some up for the last names in my tree. Lo and behold, one day I got a notification that Google had a link for me to check out related to Tscherne.  It didn't have

Sims Therapy. Is that a thing? It totally should be.

When I was much younger, before the days of computers, I used to create floor plans on paper of houses I imagined. Huge bedrooms with private bathrooms, intricate pools with snack bars, cat rooms, dog rooms, double staircases, elevators, etc. Basically, anything my young, middle class heart desired. I never lost that love of creating homes, but I did lose the...habit? of doing it very often. Enter: Sims 4 My kids play Sims 4, and I love when they give me "house tours" of their creations.  Kid 1 prefers to focus on what a house looks like from the outside, and Kid 2' focus is on the the inside and the configuration of rooms, stairs, and hallways. Seeing both kids create these houses and buildings in a virtual world brought back that desire to make my own "imaginary homes" again, and give young-me a digital upgrade. About a year ago I saw that the game (just the base game, not any of the extras) was for sale for something crazy like $5, so I finally took the